When school holidays roll around, the last thing kids want is to be eating what they have been eating throughout the year at school! Here is an interesting snack for children. You can also ask them to help you in the kitchen. You can use any type of topping, including fruits! Drizzle with tomato sauce or mayonnaise if you feel like it. It is play dough time!
Preparation time: 15 mins
Baking time: 15 mins
350 g bread flour
7 g instant dried yeast
6 g salt
5 g sugar
300 ml water
30 ml melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, plus extra to grease
2 eggs, lightly beaten with 30 ml water
1 can cocktail sausages, drained and halved
60 g chopped spring onions
160 g grated tasty cheese
1. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the yeast. Stir in the salt and sugar until combined. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the water and melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee. Stir until just combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together.
2. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes. Drizzle extra Q.B.B. Pure Ghee into a large clean bowl. Add dough and turn to coat. Cover with a clean tea towel. Set aside in a warm draught-free place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
3. Punch dough and knead again for 5 minutes.
4. Divide dough into 16 portions (it is about 40 g each).
5. Take a portion of the dough and roll into a rope and then join the two ends to make a doughnut shape. Place on baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
6. Lightly brush the surface with beaten egg and press in 3-4 sausages into the dough. Sprinkle with chopped spring onion and cheese. Repeat with rest of dough.
7. Leave the dough aside for 20 minutes to rise.
8. Preheat oven to 220°C and bake the pizza doughnuts for 12-15 mins or until until golden-brown and puffy