Father’s Day is coming up on Sunday, June 18th! If you are hunting for the best gift for Father’s Day – here it is. This Crab Masala recipe will absolutely blow dad’s mind! That is if he likes crabs like most men. And if he does not like crabs, use the same recipe and substitute the crabs for crayfish, lobsters or king prawns. Q.B.B. Ghee is great at highlighting the taste of any seafood. Happy Cooking and I wish all men Happy Father’s Day.
5 tablespoons Q.B.B. ghee
1 teaspoon white gram
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon fennel seeds, coarsely pounded
1 large onion, sliced thinly
2 sprigs curry leaves
10 cloves garlic, pounded coarsely
5 large crabs, trimmed, washed and halved
2 ripe tomatoes, diced
200 g brinjal, diced
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
2 1/2 tablespoons chilli powder
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
80 g tamarind mixed with 150 ml water and strained
100 ml thick coconut milk (optional)
2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- Heat Q.B.B. ghee and fry the white gram till golden brown. Add in the mustard seeds and fennel seeds and fry till aromatic.
- Add in the onion slices, curry leaves and pounded garlic. Sauté till onion turns golden brown.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir to mix well.
- Cook covered, stirring occasionally till the crabs are cooked and the gravy is thick.
- Serve with rice or bread.