This is the fasting month for the Muslims. It is quite common for many Muslims to serve a variety of deserts after breaking their fast. Here is a recipe for Baked Pandan Semolina Cake. You can make cupcakes out of this recipe or bake in a round or loaf tin. Do take note that you need to keep this cake refrigerated if storing for more than one day as the recipe contains coconut cream.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
30 g pandan leaves, cut into 2 cm pieces
250 ml water
250 g (4 medium) eggs, shelled and weighed
180 g caster sugar
125 ml coconut cream
1 teaspoon salt (4 g)
230 g fine semolina
70 g self-raising flour
125 g Q.B.B Pure Ghee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Extra Q.B.B Pure Ghee for greasing moulds
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Brush cannelle moulds with Q.B.B. Pure Ghee.
- Put pandan leaves and water into a blender and blend till the leaves become pulpy.
- Strain and squeeze out as much of the pandan juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
- Whisk eggs and sugar till thick or double in volume.
- Transfer to a pan. Add in the rest of the ingredients and combine well.
- Turn on heat to medium low. Cook, stirring it until it becomes thick and ensure it is lump free.
- Scoop batter into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes or till cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.