I like pumpkins not just because of its taste but also because of the bright orange colour – it has so much beta-carotene that is very good for your eyes! Health is so important for all of us and if you are working, you have to make sure you are in tip top form to stay alert and energetic at your work place. To ensure that you eat the right breakfast, here is one great healthy pancake recipe! Happy Labour Day to all!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
400 g steamed or baked pumpkin, mashed
300 g self-raising flour
1 ½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cumin powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
500 ml milk
2 red chilli padies, sliced (optional)
2 sprigs curry leaves, rosemary or thyme, shredded
80 g grated Parmesan cheese
Q.B.B. Pure Ghee for greasing
Fresh salad greens
Extra grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- Place mashed pumpkin in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the flour, salt, and cumin powder. Pour the beaten eggs and milk in. Using a wooden spoon combine to form a thick batter.
- Add in the sliced chilli, curry leaves, and grated Parmesan cheese. Combine well. Leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a little Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a frying pan and, once hot, add one or two ladles of batter per pancake into the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden and crispy.
- Serve hot or warm with extra gratings of Parmesan cheese and salad on the side.