Easter is right around the corner and what better than making a batch of Rocher Cupcakes for your friends and loved ones? I love this cupcake for its tasty contrasting layers – creamy hazelnut filling, the crisp wafer shell, the crunchy hazelnut in the centre and the yummy taste of Nutella on the surface of the cake!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
100 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, room temperature
80 g unsalted butter, room temperature
80 g caster sugar
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100 g sour cream
70 g unsweetened cocoa powder
100 g plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
12 Ferrero Rocher
Chopped hazelnuts (optional)
Chocolate syrup (optional)
50 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, softened
80 g Nutella
100 g icing sugar, sifted
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Cream Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy in a large mixing bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, a little at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and sour cream and mix well.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt and fold it lightly.
- Scoop batter into 12 muffin pans and lightly press a Ferrero Rocher into the centre of each cupcake.
- Bake cupcakes for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the frosting by beating the Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and Nutella until smooth and creamy.
- Sift in the icing sugar and beat until smooth. If you find the cream too thick for piping, add the milk and beat again till smooth.
- Pipe or spread the frosting over each cake and garnish with chopped hazelnuts or chocolate syrup if desired.