Cereals are healthy and cookies made with cereals are hot favourites most of the time. This time around, I am using Nestum baby cereals to make the cookies. Don’t get me wrong –these cookies are not meant for kids alone! Nestum is a great food product for adults too. I have reduced the sugar level a little from my original recipe. You can also use quick cooking oats or crushed cornflakes instead of Nestum. Top with chopped glazed cherries or other colourful sprinkles if you want. Cheers to the coming Chinese New Year!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Makes: 40-50 cookies depend on size of cookies
120 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, room temperature
80 g unsalted butter, room temperature
150 g icing sugar, sifted
2 medium egg, lightly beaten
200 g plain flour, sifted
100 g corn flour, sifted
100 g milk powder, sifted
¼ teaspoon fine salt
30 g Nestum baby cereal
250 g Nestum baby cereal
Some mini paper cups
- Cream Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, butter and icing sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs in three-to-four batches and beat until well combined.
- Add in the sifted plain flour, corn flour, milk powder, salt and 30 g Nestum.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir and combine all to make a soft dough.
- Scoop teaspoons of the dough and roll in the remaining Nestum.
- Scoop teaspoons of the dough and place into mini paper cups. Place the filled paper cups on a baking tray.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven of 180°C for 25 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- Cool thoroughly before storing in air-tight container.