This is a perfect after-Christmas treat with roasted turkey that is left over. Yes. Any leftover roasted chicken or turkey can be sliced and made into great breakfast or snacks. Besides using chutneys, you can use sambals, cranberry sauce or even good old mayonnaise as spreads for the bread. And if you have never tried a sandwich with apple slices……….you are truly missing a crunch!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
3 eggs, beaten
80 ml milk
1 teaspoon caster sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
8 slices wholemeal or white bread
2 tablespoons of any sweet chutney or your favourite pickle
1 apple, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
100 g sliced roasted turkey breast or smoked turkey breast
200 g grated cheddar cheese
5 tablespoons Q.B.B ghee
- Beat eggs with milk, sugar, salt and pepper until frothy.
- Spread chutney on both sides of the bread slices thinly.
- Place a few apple slices on one side of the bread slice.
- Arrange slices of smoked turkey breast over it.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Place another slice of bread, chutney size down. Press gently.
- Heat Q.B.B. ghee in a frying pan.
- Carefully, dip both sides of the sandwich into the beaten egg.
- Fry on both sides till golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and cut into diagonal pieces. Serve hot.