Whether it is for you or to give away as gifts, baking cookies and cakes for Christmas or any festival is certainly an activity loved by many. These Chocolate and Cherries cookies can be made either in small sizes or large 5-6 cm diameter pieces. Alternatively, you can press the cookie dough into small foil cases and bake them too.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 36 cookies
150 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
100 g unsalted butter
140 g soft brown sugar
60 g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, at room temperature
250 g plain flour
30 g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
150 g glace cherries, halved
150 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, butter and sugars in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until light and creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and egg and beat until combined.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda. Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Scoop up the dough with a small ice cream scoop and place on a greased baking tray. Ensure that there is at least 3 cm spacing between each.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before placing onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.