Snowball cookies are like Melting Moments, except that they are pale and always made with ghee and dusted with icing sugar. They make for very pretty presents when packed nicely in boxes or jars. They are eggless and suitable for vegetarians too!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 35 cookies
200 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
100 g icing sugar, sifted
400 g plain flour
10 g corn flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
50 ml milk
50 g chopped red and green glazed cherries
100 g icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Cream Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and icing sugar until soft and creamy in a mixing bowl.
- Sift in the plain flour, corn flour, salt, baking powder and cardamom powder.
- Add in enough milk to form a sticky dough and refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes.
- Shape into 20 g balls and place a chopped red or green cherry on top of each one.
- Place on baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from oven and while still warm, dust with the remaining icing sugar.
- Let it cool completely before storing in air tight container.