These cookies are easy to make, only needing a few ingredients and suitable for vegetarians. You will find yourself putting one after another in your mouth – simply irresistible! If dough is too soft, refrigerate it for a while. You can add a pinch of salt to lift up the flavour. Do not limit yourself to strawberry jam; I quite like it with marmalade too!
Preparation: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Makes: 25 cookies (depending on size)
300 g plain flour
50 g cornflour
125 g Thirumala Ghee, room temperature
125 g salted butter, softened
125 g caster sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
150 g strawberry jam
- Heat oven to 180° C. Line baking trays with non-stick paper.
- Sieve the two types of flours together into a bowl.
- Add in the sugar and lemon zest and then rub the Thirumala Ghee and butter into the flour until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Knead lightly to form a soft dough. If dough is too dry, add few drops of milk and knead it.
- Pinch dough and roll into 20 g balls and place onto the baking tray.
- Using your finger, lightly flatten the dough balls make a depression in the dough.
- Place about ½ teaspoon of jam in each depression.
- Bake at 180° C for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool thoroughly before storing.