I made this dish for lunch the other day. If you serve it with some salad, it would make for a complete meal. Instead of salmon, you can add cooked minced meat, chicken, or even vegetables. If you cannot find basil leaves, substitute with spring onions or coriander leaves. Just experiment with ingredients you like!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
4 crusty white bread rolls (can use wholemeal or flavoured rolls too)
2 tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, room temperature
200 g salmon, diced into small pieces
Handful of basil leaves, chopped coarsely
40 g chopped chives
Salt and pepper
8 large eggs
80 g grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice off the top of the bread rolls and remove the bread inside leaving a cavity (Save the soft insides of the bread – you can make breadcrumbs).
- Brush the inside and edges of the bread rolls with the melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee.
- Distribute the diced salmon pieces equally amongst the 4 rolls and then sprinkle some chopped basil leaves, chives, and salt and pepper.
- Crack 2 eggs into each of the rolls and top with grated cheese.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set or cooked to your liking (Some of you may like the yolks runny).
HOW TO MAKE BREADCRUMBS:
- Place all the soft insides of the bread on a tray and bake in the oven at 140°C for 15 minutes or until the bread becomes dry.
- Place into a blender or food processor and blend it until it becomes crumbs.
- Store in re-sealable plastic bags and use it for making cutlets, to coat chicken pieces etc.