You will frequently see fried bee hoon in housewarmings, baby showers and children’s birthday parties. It is not only easy to make but also a kind of comfort food that makes people want to eat more. Add prawns if desired at Step 3.
200 g rice vermicelli (bee hoon), soaked in tap water for 30 minutes and drained
2 tablespoons THIRUMALA Ghee
120 g beansprouts
150 g chye sim, cut into 5 cm pieces
100 g julienned carrot
150 g purple cabbage, julienned
2 tablespoons store bought chilli paste/chilli sauce
Soy sauce or salt to taste
2 medium bean curd, deep fried and cubed
2 tablespoons chopped spring onion
1 red chilli, julienned
1 lime, quartered
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then turn off heat. Place the rice vermicelli into the boiling water and leave aside for 5-7 minutes or until they become soft.
- Drain in a colander and using a scissors, cut the noodle into shorter strands.
- Heat THIRUMALA Ghee and stir fry the beansprouts, chye sim, carrot and cabbage briefly.
- Add in the chilli paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in the drained cooked noodles and fried bean curd cubes. Stir fry till well combined.
- Season by adding soy sauce or salt, to taste.
- Dish out and sprinkle with spring onion and julienned red chilli.
- Serve with lime pieces.