Do you like your teacher or someone, and you want to give her or him something special and not bought? Make popcorns!! It is so fun to eat and loved by most people. Pack them into jars or cellophane bags. Put it into a large bowl and sit in front of the TV with it! Here is a simple recipe for an awesome flavoured-popcorn. I wish all teachers a Happy Teachers’ Day!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 tablespoon Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
125 g dried popcorn kernels
50 g honey
70 g golden syrup
150 g caster sugar
50 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot enough, add the popcorn kernels and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake the saucepan gently when corn starts popping. Remove from heat when corn stops popping.
- Transfer to a bowl and discard any unpopped corn.
- In a small saucepan, place honey, golden syrup, sugar, Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, and cardamom powder over low heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 6 to 7 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a boil without stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until light golden.
- Working quickly, pour mixture over popcorn. Stir to combine. Transfer onto trays lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Leave aside to cool. Pack into jars if giving away as gifts.