This is certainly one of the easiest egg recipes to make and is an ideal breakfast dish. You can substitute the spinach for other vegetables, or even fish like tuna or salmon. Add some chopped spring onions or basil leaves for that extra aroma. If you don’t have an oven, don’t worry. Put all the ingredients together and make a thick omelette in a pan and serve it on toast!
3 tablespoons Thirumala Ghee, plus more to grease ramekins
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
180 g spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons cream or sour cream
2 tablespoons grated Cheddar cheese
Chilli flakes (Optional)
Toasted bread slices
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease 2 X 180 ml ramekins with Thirumala Ghee and set aside.
- Heat remaining ghee in a frying pan and add the chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper and sauté over low heat until it becomes soft.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is well wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the cooked mixture into the two ramekins.
- Crack 2 eggs into each ramekin and place a tablespoon each of the cream and grated cheese over the eggs.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes, if desired.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake (rotating pan halfway through baking) until whites are just set but yolks are still runny, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve baked eggs with toast.