This is one of my favourite creations! The use of Italian, Japanese and Indian ingredients makes this dish a hit with many people. You should try it. You can use other types of pasta or just make the prawns and edamame and serve it with rice! Thank you for being an ardent supporter of my recipes and Q.B.B. ghee!
60 g green chillies, chopped
50 g peeled ginger-garlic paste
30 g chopped coriander leaves
30 g chopped mint leaves
1 tablespoon coriander powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon black peppercorns
5 g salt
150 g coconut cream
1 tablespoon Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon cardamoms
½ teaspoon fennel seeds
2 sprigs curry leaves, finely shredded
100 g chopped onions
700 g large fresh prawns, with tails intact
250 g edamame beans
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
Salt and pepper
500 g spaghettini
1 ½ tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
1 teaspoon white gram
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
3 dried chillies, cut into 3 cm pieces
2 sprigs curry leaves, finely chopped
1 medium onion, sliced
60 g julienned carrot
100 g julienned green capsicum
60 g julienned red capsicum
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place the first 9 ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and fry the cinnamon, cardamoms and fennel seeds until aromatic.
- Add in the curry leaves and chopped onions and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
- Add in the blended paste and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the ghee separates.
- Add in the prawns, edamame and corianders leaves and cook till prawns are cooked. Adjust salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and discard whole spices.
- In the meanwhile, boil some lightly salted water and cook the spaghettini until well done. Drain and rinse in cold water and strain in colander; cut into shorter strands and keep aside.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a wok and fry the white gram until it turns golden brown.
- Add in the mustard seeds and dried chillies and fry till the seeds stop spluttering.
- Add in the onion slices and curry leaves and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
- Add in the vegetables, turmeric powder and salt and sauté briefly.
- Add in drained spaghettini and lemon juice and stir to combine well.
- Serve with cooked prawns.