This is such an easy and nutritious dish. You can use fresh ripe tomatoes instead of the canned ones. Substitute with other vegetables of your choice and make it spicy by adding chilli powder if you desire. It will be a great hit with children as well as adults.
Cooking time: 35 minutes
2 tablespoons Thirumala Ghee
200 g cubed onions
200 g celery sticks, chopped
150 g yellow capsicum, deseeded and diced
150 g red capsicum, deseeded and diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 x 400 g canned plum tomatoes, chopped
1200 ml chicken stock or water
2 x 400 g cans butter beans or white beans, drained and rinsed
4 chicken drumsticks, skinned
- Heat the Thirumala Ghee in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Add the onion, celery and capsicums, and fry for 5 minutes or until the onion is slightly browned.
- Add the garlic, canned tomatoes, chicken stock, butter beans and drumsticks.
- Bring to the boil, and then cover with a tight fitting lid. Keep the heat on low and simmer for about 30-40 minutes until chicken is tender and almost falling off the bone.
- Serve with bread or over rice.