If you are a fan of red velvet cakes, then I am sure you will like this recipe too. Just take note that this is a soft cookie that cannot be stored for more than a week. You can make the cookies as small as 2 cm in diameter or as big as 6 cm!! It is best served with a malty drink or milk.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
100 g butter or Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, room temperature
70 g salted butter, room temperature
200 g caster sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
40 ml milk, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons red food colouring
260 g plain flour
50 g cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
¼ teaspoon salt
120 g white chocolate chips
100 g extra white chocolate chips for topping (optional)
30 g colourful sprinkles (optional)
- Combine Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl and whisk, by hand or using an electric whisk, until it becomes very creamy.
- Add in milk, vanilla and red colouring and combine well.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the beaten ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon to make a soft dough.
- Place bowl of dough, covered with cling wrap in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking sheets with non-stick paper and set aside.
- Scoop out 1-2 tablespoons of dough and make it into a ball.
- Place on the tray leaving about 2 cm space in between each ball of dough.
- Bake each for 15 minutes. Do not overbake. At this stage it should be soft inside.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips or sprinkles and leave on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer them onto a wire rack and let them cool completely.