Though tagliatelle is best used in this recipe, you can use other types of pasta too. Instead of ham, you can use any other ingredients including vegetables, salmon (or other fish cut into cubes), medium sized prawns and even chopped hard boiled eggs. As it is not spicy, children will love it and for adults who like a bit of heat in their pasta, add 1 chopped green chilli padi in.
I wish all men – married and unmarried, a Happy Father’s Day.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
150 g tagliatelle or fettuccine
2 tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
100 g sliced red onion
10 g minced garlic
400 g asparagus, cut into 2 cm pieces (can be replaced with other vegetables)
½ teaspoon salt
400 ml cream
100 ml room temperature milk + 2 teaspoons corn flour, mixed together
125 g thinly sliced turkey ham (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook tagliatelle or fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion turns light brown.
- Add in the asparagus. Cook covered, stirring occasionally till they are tender.
- Add in the salt, cream, milk-cornflour combination, ham and freshly ground pepper.
- Bring to a boil and once the sauce thickens pour over the boiled tagliatelle and serve immediately.