This North African-inspired chicken kebabs and couscous laden with vegetables makes for an excellent and nutritious meal. Substitute couscous with basmati rice or even noodles. The kebabs taste even better if barbecued over a charcoal flame.
Preparation time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 20 minutes
800 chicken, cut into large cubes
150 g mayonnaise
100 g melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
20 g finely chopped coriander leaves
20 g garlic paste
100 ml freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
Q.B.B. Pure Ghee for brushing
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a bowl and marinate the chicken pieces for 1-2 hours or, preferably, overnight.
- Skewer the chicken pieces into satay sticks or metal skewers. Grill or bake till well done – brushing the chicken at least twice with Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in between.
- Serve on a bed of Vegetable Couscous
400 g couscous
800 ml hot vegetable or chicken stock
2 teaspoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
Salt and pepper
8 sun-dried tomatoes, quartered
2 medium avocados, peeled, stoned and cut into large chunks
200 g black olives
100 g pine nuts
300 g mixed salad leaves
- Put the couscous into a large bowl. Stir in the hot stock, Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, salt and pepper. Cover and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
- Place the ret of salad ingredients in a salad bowl. Sprinkle the prepared couscous – either warm or cold.
- Toss well.
- Divide it into the serving plates.