Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
500 g beaten rice
350 g jaggery, grated
50 g caster sugar
200 ml water
1/4 teaspoon salt
80 g THIRUMALA ghee
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Put beaten rice in a wok an dry roast over low heat by stirring the beaten rice until aromatic.
- Transfer to a colander (small hole type) and run water through the dry roasted beaten rice until water is clear. Drain in the colander and keep aside. If it becomes lumpy, loosen it gently with your fingers.
- Put jaggery, sugar and water into a saucepan and boil till sugar dissolves.
- Strain and pour the jaggery syrup into the wok and add in the drained beaten rice, salt and ghee and cook stirring constantly.
- When the syrup is absorbed by the beaten rice, add in the cardamom and ginger powder and stir to combine well.
- Transfer to a greased tray and cut into squares to serve. Alternatively, you can scoop and serve it in a bowl with a spoon.