I wish every lady a Happy Mother’s Day! Hmmmm………Mothers always want the best for their children from food to clothes to education. A mother and child relationship starts from food, I think. After all, every mother would want a healthy child. Initially, a healthy child is formed only through proper food intake by the mother during pregnancy. Consequently, a mother has to cook and feed her child with nutritious food. Today, as part of my first of series of the Secrets of Womanhood on Colours TV, I am sharing this healthy recipe for all mothers – to cook for herself as well as her family.
5 tablespoons white miso
3 tablespoons mirin
100 ml water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon Chinese sesame oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
1 tablespoon finely chopped spring onion
2 tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
4 X 200 g skin on salmon fillet
2 teaspoons white sesame seeds, roasted
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, roasted
2 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- Place the first SIX ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well until lump free.
- Pour into a small pan. Add in the chopped ginger and spring onion and bring the sauce to boil for 2 minutes. Leave aside.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a pan until almost smoking and place the fish pieces skin-side down. Sprinkle with sea salt and cook for 4 minutes and then flip the fish to cook the other side for about 3 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Place cooked Garlic Brown Rice on plate or bowl and place the cooked salmon on top.
- Drizzle with the prepared Miso and Ginger sauce.
- Sprinkle with the roasted black and white sesame seeds and chopped spring onions before serving with a salad of your choice.
GARLIC BROWN RICE
1 ½ tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
100 g thinly sliced garlic
800 g cooked brown rice or brown basmati rice
60 g julienned carrot
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a pan or wok with salt.
- Add in the sliced garlic and cook over very low heat till it turns very pale brown.
- Add in the rice, carrot, salt and pepper and stir fry over high heat.
- Serve hot.