The luxurious combination of creamy salted egg yolks and Q.B.B. Ghee along with the curry leaves on the prawns is simply repeat finger licks!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
500 g large prawns, shelled but with tails instact
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon cornflour
oil for deep frying
80 g Q.B.B. Ghee
2 sprigs curry leaves, cut finely
4 chilli padies, sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 salted duck egg yolks, mashed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Season prawns with salt and pepper and leave aside for 15 minutes.
- Dust prawns with cornflour.
- Heat oil for deep frying and fry the prawns until golden brown. Dish out.
- In a clean wok, melt the Q.B.B. Ghee and fry the curry leaves, chillie padies and garlic briefly and add the mashed salted egg yolks
- Stir rapidly in a circular motion until well mixed and the sauce bubbles and become creamy. Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add the prawns and coat well in the mixture. Dish out.