Apart from this dish being something you can prepare anytime, any day as it makes use of the most common ingredients in your kitchen, the fiery combination of green chillies and white baits and the fact that it is fried using Q.B.B. Ghee makes this rice an extremely tasty treat! Add a fried egg in and it becomes an ideal one dish meal!
5 green chillies
3 garlic cloves
80 g small white baits, soaked for 10 minutes
2 tablespoons Q.B.B. Ghee
100 g baby corn, halved
70 g red capsicum, cut into thin slices
1 teaspoon salt
800 g cooked and cooled rice (preferably overnight rice)
4 eggs, fried sunny side up (optional)
- Place the first four ingredients in a mortar and pound it coarsely. If you like the rice spicier, pound the ingredients until smooth or maybe add another chillie or two.
- Heat Q.B.B. Ghee in a wok on high heat.
- Add in the pounded ingredients and sauté until very aromatic.
- Stir fry the baby corn and capsicum until well seared and cooked.
- Add in the rice and salt. Stir fry, tossing it well so that the sambal is evenly distributed.
- Serve topped with fried eggs.