Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
300 ml full-fat milk
50 g Q.B.B. ghee
500 g bread flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
70 g caster sugar
7 g instant yeast
1 egg, beaten
70 g raisins
50 g mixed peel
FOR THE CROSS:
80 g plain flour
100 ml water
3 tablespoons apricot jam for brushing
- Place the milk, Q.B.B. ghee, bread flour, cinnamon, salt, sugar, instant yeast and egg into a mixing bowl and knead for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Cover with cling wrap and keep aside for 30 minutes or until it doubles in volume.
- Put in the raisins and the lemon peel and knead again at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 portions and place each portion into a muffin pan.
- Leave aside for about 30 minutes for it to rise.
- Heat oven to 220C.
- Mix the flour with water to make the paste for the cross – add the water 1 tablespoon at a time, so that you will add just enough for a thick paste.
- Spoon into a piping bag with a small nozzle. Pipe a line along each row of buns, and then repeat in the other direction to create crosses. Bake for 20 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven, until golden brown.
- Brush the buns while still hot with the apricot jam and leave the buns to cool.