These chicken patties are easy to make and very versatile too – they can be served in many ways such as a burger, as chicken meat balls or even as a kebab. You can even crumble any leftover cooked patties and stir fry your vegetables or rice with it. They can be made in advance and frozen. The patties are good enough to be packed for office or school as lunch and as great party snacks too.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
TO MAKE THE PATTIES
500 g minced chicken
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
2 large cloves garlic, minced
100 g carrot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
50 g grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
TO MAKE THE SALAD
100 g sliced romaine lettuce
100 g sliced purple cabbage
100 g julienned carrot
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
2 tablespoons spring onions (white and light green parts only), thinly sliced
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
TO MAKE THE DRESSING
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 garlic clove, grated
40 g smooth peanut butter
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white vinegar
1 teaspoon Chinese sesame oil
1 tablespoon chilli sauce
100 ml water
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a mixing bowl and using your hands, mix the ingredients until just combined.
- Form the mixture into 4-6 equal patties. At this stage, it is best to use damp hands so that it is not messy.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a frying pan or a grill pan. When it is hot, place the patties and cook for about 6-7 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Leave to cool.
- While the patties are cooking, you can prepare the salad.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Serve the cooked patties with a mound of salad next to it and drizzle some dressing over. Alternatively, serve the patty and salad tossed in dressing in between a toasted burger bun.