Lemon vermicelli is very refreshing change from the normal way we fry noodles. This simple tangy dish is suitable to be served anytime of the day.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons Thirumala Ghee
1 tablespoon Bengal gram
1 teaspoon white gram
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
3 dried chillies, cut into 3 cm pieces
1 onion, sliced
2 green chillies, sliced
2 sprigs curry leaves
150 g tomatoes, seeded and sliced
150 g carrot, julienned
100 g peas
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 ½ teaspoons salt
100 ml water
400 g dried rice vermicelli, soaked in water for 1 hour and then soaked in hot water for 3-4 minutes and drained
80 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
60 g dry roasted coconut
- Heat Thirumala Ghee and fry the Bengal gram and white gram till aromatic and golden brown.
- Add mustard seeds and dried chillies and fry till mustard seeds stop spluttering.
- Add in onions slices, chillies and curry leaves and sauté till onions turn golden brown.
- Add in the tomatoes, carrot, peas, turmeric powder and salt and water and sauté till carrots soften a little.
- Add in the drained rice vermicelli. Toss and stir fry till well combined. Adjust salt.
- Add in the lime juice and dry roasted coconut and toss well to mix.