This is an interesting recipe. You can make this at least 5 hours in advance and it can be eaten warm or cold – hence making it an ideal party dish. Apart from the vegetables mentioned, you can also serve with blanched pea sprouts (doumiao) or julienned carrot.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
100 g smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
1 teaspoon Chinese sesame oil
30 ml soy sauce
60 ml apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
20 g caster sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
250 g dried egg noodles
300 g cooked prawns, peeled and deveined, leaving tails intact
100 g red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
100 g cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- Whisk the peanut butter, Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, sesame oil, water, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined and smooth.
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Return to pan. Add peanut sauce (Step 1) and toss to coat well.
- Place on a serving plate.
- Add the prawns, capsicum and cucumber and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a platter and serve warm or cold.