Not sure what to serve your guests for the New Year party? Encourage your guests to dive into this tasty finger-food appetizer. You need not stick to the canned anchovies………replace with tuna flakes or sardines or keep it vegetarian by omitting the anchovies. Ensure that the bread is fresh.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
120 g onion, finely chopped
80 g red capsicum, sliced thinly
80 g yellow capsicum, sliced thinly
100 g cherry tomatoes, halved
12 fresh basil leaves, shredded
1 small can anchovies, chopped or left whole (including the oil)
Salt and pepper
12 X 1 cm slices of ciabatta or baguette
4 cloves garlic, pounded and mixed with 125 g melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
100 g grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and sauté the onion, capsicum slices and cherry tomatoes until soft.
- Add in the chopped basil and anchovies and the oil from the can. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rub the bread slices with the garlic and spread Q.B.B. Pure Ghee on them.
- Place the bread slices on an oven tray and bake 200° C for 10 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove the bread slices from the oven and turn on the grill to high.
- Divide the cooked capsicum between the 12 slices of toasted bread.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Grill for 2 minutes or until the cheese is just soft and bubbling.
- Serve immediately.