These peanut cookies are simply addictive. Replace the peanuts with hazelnuts if your budget permits. The hazelnut cookies are heavenly, especially if eaten with a small dollop of Nutella. Yummy!
150 g Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, room temperature
100 g salted butter, room temperature
150 g caster sugar
Grated zest of 2 lemons
240 g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
180 g roasted peanut powder
120 g coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- Cream Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the lemon zest and the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix to form a soft dough.
- Shape into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with non-stick paper. Mark with a fork to make a pattern on the cookies (but this is optional).
- Bake for 20 minutes until light golden brown in a preheated oven of 180°C.
- Cool thoroughly before storing in air tight container.