These days, pasta is in the larder of most houses. It is easy to cook and very versatile. Though for centuries people always associated pasta with olive oil, trust me, Q.B.B. Pure Ghee does make a difference in your pasta.
I am sharing here one of the simplest yet very tasty recipe for pasta. Besides asparagus, you can use tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini or red capsicum. However, do not use more than two vegetables for this dish. Instead of dill leaves, you can use the traditional basil leaves or why not be experimental and use curry leaves? Apart from salmon, you can use any fish of your choice but those with few bones. You can also use prawns or squids. If you are a vegetarian, omit the fish and use tempeh or tofu. I am sure your family members will enjoy this dish!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
250 g spaghetti
1 ½ tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, plus extra to grease
1 medium onion, diced finely
100 g asparagus
5 garlic cloves, minced
Grated zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves or ½ teaspoon dried dill leaves
Salt and pepper
200 g X 4 salmon fillet (or other types of fish)
1 teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of boiling water according to packet directions or until al dente. Drain.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee in a frying pan and add diced onion. Sauté it, stirring all the time for about 2 minutes or until it becomes soft.
- Add the asparagus and sauté till it is almost cooked and then add in the minced garlic and sauté till aromatic.
- Remove from heat and stir in the boiled pasta, lemon rind, lemon juice, dill leaves and season with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- Season both sides of the salmon with curry powder and salt and leave aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan on high heat. Reduce heat and lightly grease with Q.B.B. Pure Ghee.
- Cook the salmon for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide pasta among four serving plates and top with the salmon to serve.