Show your father how much you care about him with this versatile recipe that can be eaten for breakfast, brunch or lunch! Yes! You can serve this dish at any time your father feels like eating! In case fish is not his favourite protein, substitute with chicken, ham or other meat. Make it vegetarian with some pan fried tofu or tempeh. Instead of mango, try making a green apple salsa. If you cannot find tortillas, use chapattis or toasted baguette. There is no limit to how you can present this dish – on a plate, in a dish or wrapped in paper.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
400 g white fish fillet, such as tilapia or snapper
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons seafood curry powder or any curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
Lime Yoghurt Sauce:
50 g mayonnaise
100 g yoghurt
2 tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon chopped red chilli padi
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon salt
100 g red capsicum, deseeded and chopped into 1 cm squares
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1-2 green chilli padies, de-seeded and diced
150 g just-ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm square chunks
1 handful coriander leaves, washed and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
30 ml lime juice
½ teaspoon salt
10 to 12 tortillas, warmed
500 g shredded Napa cabbage (or salad leaves)
- Combine lime juice, curry powder and salt in a bowl.
- Rub the fish with the above mixture and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and pan fry the fish fillet on both sides till the fish is cooked through.
- Leave aside to cool and then flake up the fish.
- For lime sauce, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice, chipotle, and garlic. Season with salt to taste.
- For salsa, toss together red capsicum, onion, chilli padi, mango, coriander leaves, garlic, and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt to taste.
- To assemble, place a bit of fish on a warm tortilla, drizzle with the Lime Yoghurt Sauce, and top with shredded cabbage and mango salsa.
- Serve immediately.