Chicken rice is very much considered one of the national dishes of Singapore. As an Indian born and bred in Singapore, I naturally grew up eating the Chicken rice sold in the hawker centres. The Indian in me got me to experiment a Chicken Rice with that Indian touch and here is that recipe! Whether you are a Chinese, Indian or of another ethnic group, whether you have tried the original version or not – I promise, you will like this Indian Style Roasted Chicken Rice!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
5 cloves garlic
150 ml yoghurt
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
2 teaspoons meat curry powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
8 large chicken wings or 6 chicken drumsticks
100 ml Q.B.B. Pure Ghee, melted, for basting
- Place the first 8 ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Marinade the chicken pieces in the blended ingredients for 4 hours.
- Place on a rack in a preheated oven of 180°C and bake for 40 minutes, basting it often with Q.B.B. Ghee.
4 cloves garlic, pounded coarsely
500 g long grain rice, washed and drained
1 teaspoon briyani powder
½ teaspoon egg yellow colouring
4 pandan leaves, tied into a knot
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
900 ml chicken stock or water
5 thin slices ginger
2 tablespoons Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
- Heat Q.B.B. Pure Ghee and sauté the garlic and ginger until very aromatic.
- Add rice grains and stir fry 1–2 min and transfer to rice cooker.
- Add in remaining ingredients and turn on rice cooker.
- Serve with roasted chicken and chilli sauce.
5 red chilli padies
2 cm fresh young ginger
½ teaspoon salt
80 ml chicken stock
1 teaspoon melted Q.B.B. Pure Ghee
3 tablespoons calamansi juice (limau kasturi)
1 teaspoon sugar
3 cloves garlic
8 fresh red chillies
- Blend the above ingredients together coarsely.