Treat your family and friends to homemade chocolate truffles this Christmas. They are perfect to give as party favours or to be eaten after dinner. Leave out the chillies if you don’t like them in chocolate. You can replace them with 2 tablespoons of finely chopped candied orange peel or ginger too. These truffles are so gorgeous that when doing styling for this photo, we decided that it will be a Christmas card too………
The Management Team of Lactalis Singapore Pte Ltd and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
200 g thickened cream
250 g milk chocolate, chopped
30 g Q.B.B. ghee
60 g golden syrup
2 red chilli padies, roughly chopped
Grated zest of 1 orange
50 g finely chopped toasted almonds or pistachios
- Place cream, chocolate, Q.B.B. ghee and golden syrup into a pan and bring it to simmer. DO NOT BRING TO BOIL!
- Remove from stove and pour into a glass bowl. Add in the chopped chilli and orange zest.
- Using a whisk, whisk the mixture until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
- Cover the bowl with shrink wrap and keep the mixture chilled for about 2-3 hours.
- Using a melon baller, roll into 1 teaspoon balls or bigger and place into small paper or aluminium foil cases.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and chill well before serving.