These Christmas cookies are sure to dazzle any crowd. For a real intense flavour, use good quality chocolate. You can also substitute white chocolate chips with dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Instead of cranberries, try using currants or chopped glazed ginger. You can also freeze the dough for later use.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 30-35 cookies
300 g white chocolate chips
100 g Q.B.B. ghee
1 large egg
80 g light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
180 g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
50 g dried cranberries
100 g hazelnuts, left whole or coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Melt 100 g of the white chocolate chips and allow to cool.
- Place the Q.B.B. ghee, egg, sugar, vanilla extract and melted white chocolate into a mixing bowl.
- Use a hand-held whisk or a wooden spoon and beat mixture until creamy.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add in the cranberries and hazelnuts and the remaining white chocolate chips and knead lightly to make a stiff dough.
- Shape into 25 g balls and place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper, leaving about 2 cm space in between each piece of dough.
- Press the balls lightly to flatten them.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack before storing in airtight tins.