These cookies are easy to make and favourite of many. You can substitute the chocolate chips for M&Ms. Instead of peanuts, you can use chopped walnuts or cashew nuts too. You can also roll out the dough in between two plastic sheets to 0.5 cm thickness and then use a 2 cm or 3 cm diameter round cutter to cut out into round cookies. Bake these cookies for yourself or as a gift for someone.
100 g Q.B.B. ghee
50 g salted butter
50 g soft brown sugar
70 g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
200 g self-raising flour
200 g mini chocolate chips or chocolate rice
70 g coarsely chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C.
- Line biscuit trays with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, beat the Q.B.B. ghee, butter, two types of sugars and yolk in mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, two-thirds of chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Using a metal spoon, stir ingredients until just combined.
- Divide into 20-24 portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball.
- Press some of the remaining chocolate chips on top of the balls and arrange on the prepared trays, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Cool biscuits on trays before storing in airtight containers.