Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons Q.B.B ghee
1 stick cinnamon
1 star anise
2 medium onions, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 cm ginger, finely chopped
1 green chilli, slit lengthwise
650 ml chicken stock or water
100 ml evaporated milk
500 g basmati rice, washed and soaked for 20 minutes and drained
10 g salt
3 pandan leaves, tied into a knot.
20 g fried onions
40 g raisins
40 g fried cashew nuts
20 g chopped spring onions
20 g chopped coriander leaves
- Heat the Q.B.B. ghee in a pan or rice cooker pot and fry the cinnamon, star anise, cloves and cardamoms till aromatic.
- Add in the onion slices and fry till golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and green chilli and sauté till aromatic.
- Add in the drained rice and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock or water and evaporated milk and add in the salt and pandan leaves. Stir to combine well. Cover and let it cook over medium heat till rice is ready.
- If using a rice cooker, switch on the cooker and let the rice cook.
- Once the rice is cooked, turn off the stove and let it stand for 15 minutes before fluffing it or dishing it out.
- Sprinkle with the fried onions, raisins, cashew nuts, spring onions and coriander leaves.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
2 tablespoons coriander powder
2 teaspoons fennel powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
100 g ginger-garlic paste
5 g salt
1250 g chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tablespoons Q.B.B. ghee
2 medium onion, finely sliced
3 tablespoons tomato puree
5 tablespoons chilli sauce
350 ml water
60 ml coconut cream
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
60 g fried cashew nuts
50 g raisins
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and leave the chicken to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat the Q.B.B. ghee in a wok and fry the onion slices till golden brown.
- Add in the marinated chicken pieces and over a low heat, cook until they are lightly browned.
- Add in the tomato puree, chilli sauce, water, coconut cream and salt.
- When it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and cook covered until the chicken is cooked and tender.
- While the dish is cooking, occasionally stir the chicken to prevent the base from burning (due to the thick gravy).
- The gravy should be quite thick but in case it is too dry, dilute with a bit of hot water.
- Sprinkle with cashew nuts and raisins before serving.