Grilled chicken need not be boring! Here is a Thai-inspired recipe for grilled chicken. Cut down on the chillies if you don’t like it that spicy. Instead of grilling, you can also pan fry the chicken. Serve with a fruity salad by the side or wrap the grilled chicken and the salad in a chapati or a tortilla and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 5 hours for marinating
Cooking time: 20 minutes
30 g garlic cloves
15 g chilli padies (bird’s eyes chillies)
50 g melted Q.B.B ghee
50 g lemon juice
30 g chopped coriander leaves
10 g salt
750 g boneless chicken breasts or chicken legs, cubed
Melted Q.B.B. ghee for basting
1. Place the garlic cloves, chilli padies, melted Q.B.B. ghee, lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt into a blender and blend till smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl. Place the cubed chicken pieces in and combine well. Cover the bowl with air-tight lid and keep refrigerated for about 5 hours to marinate.
3. Preheat the grill on high.
4. Bring the chicken to room temperature and skewer 3-4 pieces into each wooden skewer.
5. Grill the chicken, occasionally brushing with melted Q.B.B. ghee, until cooked
6. Serve with Pineapple and Carrot Salad.
PINEAPPLE AND CARROT SALAD
300 g pineapple, cut into thin wedges
150 g carrot, julienned
60 g lime juice
10 g sugar
5 g salt
2 g chilli flakes
- Place the pineapple and carrot in a salad bowl.
- Combine rest of ingredients and pour over the pineapple and carrot. Mix well.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.