Egg Bhurjee is a simple snack or a breakfast dish. It is basically an Indian version of scrambled eggs. It takes me less than 15 minutes to prepare such this dish and therefore, will not take you long to do it too.
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Q.B.B. ghee
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 cm ginger, finely chopped
2 green chillies, sliced
1 green capsicum, seeded and diced
3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- Beat the eggs, turmeric powder and salt in a bowl with a fork till frothy.
- Heat Q.B.B. Ghee and add the onions, ginger and the green chillies. Fry for some time till the onions just start to brown.
- Add the tomatoes and the green peppers and salt and turmeric. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Slowly pour the beaten eggs and break and mix it while doing it (Like you would do a scramble) the eggs till the eggs are done.
- Finish it with chopped coriander leaves and the garam masala.
- Serve with Toasted Buttered Bread or chapatis.