Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
250 g flour 50 g caster sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
180 g Q.B.B Ghee
200 g raspberry preserve
180 g brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
200 g unsweetened shredded coconut
150 g icing sugar
40 g freshly squeezed lemon juice
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in the Q.B.B Ghee and rub in, using your hands, until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Press the flour mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13-inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Spread the raspberry preserve evenly over the baked crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and coconut until they are well blended. Pour the egg mixture over the raspberry preserve. Spread it carefully and gently to cover the entire surface of the crust. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the egg mixture has set and browned.
- While the crust is back in the oven, sift the icing sugar into a bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice and zest. Combine to make a lemon icing.
- Remove the Raspberry Slice from the oven. Loosen the edges with a metal spatula or thin-bladed knife. While the slice is still warm, spread the lemon icing over the top of it.
- Cool before cutting and serving.