If you like potatoes or tomatoes, you will enjoy this simple dish. One of my personal favourite ways of eating this is by sprinkling some grated cheddar cheese over the roasted potatoes and then dipping the potatoes in the sauce. The cheddar cheese would have melted due to the heat and the potatoes will be simply yummy! You can serve the sauce separately as a dip too.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
2 tablespoons Q.B.B Ghee
130 g onion, chopped
15 g garlic cloves, chopped
411 g can of chopped tomatoes
30 g tomato purée
150 g red capsicum, seeded and cut into cubes
4 g chillie powder (3/4 teaspoon)
2 g caster sugar (1/4 teaspoon)
100 g water
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
1000 g US potatoes, scrubbed and washed clean
2 tablespoons Q.B.B Ghee, melted
Salt and pepper
- Heat the Q.B.B. ghee in a pan over medium heat till hot and then add in the onion slices and sauté till they brown lightly.
- Add in the chopped garlic cloves, tomatoes, tomato purée, capsicum, chillie powder, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes and capsicum become mushy.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into cubes and place them in a deep bowl.
- Drizzle the melted Q.B.B. ghee over them and toss well so that all the potato cubes are coated with the Q.B.B. ghee.
- Season with salt and pepper and spread it out on a greased roasting pan.
- Roast them in a preheated oven of 200°C for 40 minutes or until the potatoes becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Pour the prepared hot tomato sauce over them. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with cocktail sticks!