This garlic bread goes along with soups and curries. Or just eat it on its own, when it is still hot!!
30 g Q.B.B. ghee
1 tablespoon water
5 garlic cloves, finely minced
100 g Q.B.B. ghee, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, coarsely pounded
1 X loaf of French bread, sliced three-quarter way
100 g grated Parmesan cheese
100 g grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat 30 g Q.B.B. ghee in a small pan. Add in the chopped garlic and water and cook the garlic till it is lightly browned but ensure it is not burned.
- Place the cooked garlic in a bowl and keep aside to cool it completely.
- Add in the remaining Q.B.B. ghee, salt and pounded peppercorns.
- Using a spatula spread the ghee mixture on the cut sides of bread.
- Sprinkle a mixture of both the cheeses. Wrap the completed loaf of bread in aluminum foil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.